Sunday, August 9, 2015

President Wilson (July 13,2015)

We finally got to meet and have interviews with our new Mission President,

Sergio Agustin Wilson
of Durazno Urugay.

He seems like a really great President, and he at least seems a liiittle bit less strict than President Agazzani. He sort of said something along the lines of "well, we should be obedient, but we also want to enjoy what we do". So that's promising. It was awesome to get to take a picture with him and the other 2 "Elder Wilson"s that there are in the mission. Also with Elder Arrington because he's been companions with ALL 3 ELDER WILSONS. How crazy is that. And the Pope came. As soon as he landed a horrible rainstorm started. Go figure.
The people here were calling him "A second God". Blasphemy. But that's not really what I've been thinking about much.

This week I had the opportunity to participate in a few priesthood blessings for the sick. The first one we did was on Saturday night to Maria, the mother of my convert Belen. She was extremely sick and was afraid that she wouldn't be able to care for her extremely poor family or be able to come to church, and so we gave her a blessing. It was the first sealing I've ever done on an annointing, and was a great experience. It's funny to say that I've never performed a priesthood blessing in English. Weird. Needless to say the spirit was strong there, and she came to church with all of her family the next day.

The next blessing I gave was a little more somber. So there's a man in our ward named Pedro Espinola, a nice little old man whose wife used to work in New York City as a maid. He used to be on the Stake High Council, until he was confined to a wheelchair by his cripplingly advanced Parkinson's Disease. While we were eating lunch about 30 minutes on foot away from his house, we recieved a call from his wife letting us know that he had a high fever and was confined to his bed. As soon as we could, we left to go get our consecrated oil and call the Bishop for permission to give him a blessing, the both of which we recieved. As we entered into his hot little room, we saw him on the bed, shaking from his Parkinson's and groaning from his high  fever. As I placed my hands on his burning head, I felt the spirit channel through me a message of peace, health, and rest. It was an experience I'll never forget. I still don't know how he's doing, but he fell asleep right after I gave the blessing. I'm extremely glad and feel blessed to be a worthy Melchezidek Priesthood holder. 

My companion and I are doing really well. All of the mission success in the world couldn't add or take away from the serious and solemn responsibility of the Priesthood. So we're doing great.

Love,

Elder Wilson




No comments:

Post a Comment