Monday, April 27, 2015

Easterweek 2015‏ (March 30,2015)

My beloved brothers and sisters, 

The Apostle Paul wrote... (haha just kidding)

This week is Conference/Easter Preparation week over here in Paraguarí!
I'm super excited. Conference is a pretty big deal, along with pretty much the most important time of year, which is Easter. Before my mission Easter was just a day to eat rabbit shaped reese's candy and stuff, but now, since I've been here, every time I think of Easter I really am just... filled with appreciation for the Savior. I still love those rabbit shaped reese's, but the true purpose of Easter is really making it's mark in my life. By the way, those new Jesus videos are super super cool. The new actor is like 200% better, but aside from that it just shows everything I love about the Saviors teachings. I've read ]Jesus the Christ twice already and still my tiny little human mind can't fully comprehend the atoning sacrifice of our Lord. 

Conference, of course, is another awesome addition to the week, with the chance to listen to The Prophet, The Apostles, and other general authorities speak. How cool is that? My one request would be to
 PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO GENERAL CONFERENCE
THEY ARE LITERALLY PROPHETS OF GOD SPEAKING TO YOU SO PLEASE I BEG OF YOU TO PAY ATTENTION.
I never understood this before my mission. Conference was just an awesome time to eat food and sort of rest instead of having to get up to go to church. Don't get caught not knowing what they said the next sunday because people always ask and I was always like "oh ya know stuff about faith and prophets and stuff" and just don't be like Conner was. Be like Elder Wilson is. Taking notes and everything I'm so proud of that boy.

Also I did end up eating the crocodile. In the form of Crocodile Empanadas. It was actually really really good. Definitely would recommend it. I also did a contact a few days ago standing in a hill of fire ants! They were all over me and I started freaking out and running around and stuff. It was okay, the guy we contacted was a 10 year old less active and he's super cool so whatever. 

Oh, and I'm still with Elder Liddell.

Well, Pay attention to General Conference and please think about our Savior more than chocolate.  Or you will get fat I promise.

Love,

Elder Wilson

Crocodile empanadas
 A picture a 3 year old drew of my companion and I. We just walked into a random primary room and saw what they had drawn.
The missionaries in Paraguari

No comments:

Post a Comment