Sunday, May 8, 2016

Wait, is this CRACK? (May 2,2016)

I'm happy to hear, first off, that Ethan is doing good and in the MTC. Very content with how he's doing, and it makes me remember my time in Argentina. I'm more than happy, really. It's a great thing, and when I think about how much I've grown in the mission, I think back on those first, incredibly long few weeks of my time as a missionary, I'm absolutely filled with gratitude. They really are the best two years. I don't care if I say that all the time because really I couldn't be happier with the Savior for letting me have such a personally fulfilling time serving him. I hope that everyone at home can find missionary experiences and pray to be lead to at least one person every day that they can invite to hear the message of the Restored Gospel, and eternal families. Because that's really what it's all about, and if they don't hear about it, or don't accept it, they're not getting the most out of their time here on Earth. 

Elder Arango, who I assume is his teacher or something, was my first Zone Leader in Coronel Oviedo. We shared the branch with them, and he has one of my ties. Wait, I can get that back! I want it back! Ethan, please get it back! It's blue and he told me he would use it in his homecoming talk! Tell him that I used his fanny pack for like 70% of my mission. Okay, back to the normal email.

This week we taught a man named Crecencio, who has a crippling addiction to crack cocaine. When we first arrived at his house, he came outside and was all wide eyed and out of his mind, and started to tell us how he wanted to renounce crack and everything. He was talking, and took something out of his pocket and gave it to me. It was a tiny little back with a nice little brownish crystal in it. I was like "what is this" and he said "I do this all the time" and I repeated "what is it?" and he said

"It's crack" 

"Wait, is this CRACK in my hand right now? Elder, what should I do with this crack?!"  We talked to him for a bit about destroying it, or getting rid of it, or giving it to us so we can get rid of it. He was absolutely cracking up, so we just gave it back. 

It was a fun and unique experience, but we keep passing by and he seems to be doing better. We've taught many people about the Word of Wisdom this week, and several (not crecencio) went to church this week. I testify of the truth of the Word of Wisdom. I love to keep it, and I'm proud to say that I do. It's a better way to live, and it brings happiness to one's self, and to all of their family and friends. I hope the lightness of the email is okay, but I'm in a happy mood and really in love with the mission. My companion and I are doing great, obeying the rules, and trying as hard as we can to help out in the District and the Branch. 

Don't do crack!

love,

Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment