Monday, February 8, 2016

O Creaciònes del Señor

So this was another quick week with a few nice things that happened.
First off, we had splits with Elder West and Elder Torres from Las Lomitas, which is one of the Branches in our Zone. We had a good time teaching and running around in the rain. It's always a great experience to be able to support and help out the Elders in the Zone, and I deeply enjoy teaching the other missionaries. It's a great assignment. Very fulfilling. We're of course having a few problems in the Zone, with lots of missionaries coming in and out of special transfers in Las Lomitas. Elder West is getting to know his area, so it was interesting to see how he handled the day. He's one of our District Leaders.
We also got to go to one of the Sister's Baptisms, of Jazid, a 9 year old boy with active parents. It was great and a cool experience. Reminded me a bit of my baptism, with the Primary giving talks and all that.
I've also continued with a bit of a cold this week, which is always the worst. Of course, we kept working, and I'm better now. It's the first time I've had "just a cold" in my mission, and it's not very fun, to be honest. It's funny that I really haven't been sick in quite some time over here.
This week I also got to experience somewhat of a spiritual peace concerning the planet and wildlife and all of God's creations. I was sitting in our house and got to look out the window at all of the trees, feel the wind through the open window, and listen to all the sounds. It's something I never really thought I would appreciate, but I really, really did this week. So awesome, and with my mission getting closer to the end, I love to be able to soak in Paraguay wherever I'm at. The people, the sounds, the food, the culture, and of course, the beautiful jungle. I'm so blessed to serve here in Paraguay. I know I don't talk to much about negatives here in my emails, but really at the end of it all the good stuff is easier to remember than the bad stuff. I'm just in the middle of the best two years of my life. I'm once again stoked for Ethan. Colombia is apparently awesome, according to a lot of the members, and one member here actually served in Bogota, and let me know a bit about how Colombia is.
During testimony meeting some of the members actually mentioned my comp and I, and it was a bit flattering but also great to hear how we help out the members and the ward, and help them stay excited to preach the gospel. They mentioned how we're always happy and cheerful even when passing through challenges and being sick, and how when they saw that this week it helped them crack open the good ol' Book of Mormon.
Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment