Saturday, February 6, 2016

Martin Luther the Kiiing (Jan. 18,2016)

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day everybody! That's one thing that does not exist in Paraguay haha it was really weird to see it on my calendar and have it not affect me in any way at all.

So this week we had transfers, but the Lord decided that I should stay in Ñemby! Luckily it happens to be my favorite area. I have such a special love for the members of this ward, and it's been a different experience getting to truly love these people here. I loved my other wards, too, but my progress in the mission and level of obedience and devotion have really made this the best place in the world. I've gotten to make friends and be a friend. More than a missionary, but a member of the ward. It's amazing to be one of the Lord's missionaries. The ward and I really get along, and we dedicate ourselves in the service of our fellow beings here in Ñemby. 

The Zone also got changed around a bit. Basically the Zone is now filled with purely awesome missionaries. Really I feel lucky that the Lord has considered me worthy to lead and direct this group of his Saints. It's a sacred trust, but it's an honor (and a challenge at times). I'm truly trying to magnify both my calling and my assignment here, in bringing forth hope, charity, and faith. If there's one thing I know how to do, it's probably being cheerful and happy. I had no idea before my mission just how easy it would be for me to shake things off. Nothing really phases me at this point. I probably should have died doing all that hitchhiking nonsense in Paraguarì, so I'm kinda happy just to be alive. Just kidding, but I look back on my first letters in Paraguay and just ponder a bit on my growth and it makes me feel content. The best year and a half for my life.

Alejandro Montero, my recent convert, recieved the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday, and will now be able to baptize his daughter in a few weeks. I feel really blessed to be able to have a part in their lives, and to follow up and teach him what he needs to know to be a leader in the church. This man has true potential as a leader and a man of God. Just an amazing experience. Ah really I don't want to sound all peter priesthood or anything but seriously I just love the mission so much. I don't apologize haha.

I know this hasn't been the most specific letter....

Love,

Elder Wilson








No comments:

Post a Comment