Monday, September 29, 2014

.38 Snub‏

An eventful week. 

Firstly, right after I wrote my letter last week the Mission President showed up at our house and let us know that "it isn't under proper living conditions for missionaries" (doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure that one out- our house is absolute basura) and that we need to find a new one by today (So we had a week). We've looked and looked and looked and every single house is absolute garbage in our area. 

This week I also participated in my first priesthood blessing in Spanish, got to play the guitar, received an anti-Mormon pamphlet, and studied under candlelight.

Also, Pedro, our "90 años y guapo" investigator finally got to come to church. Por fin. We convinced our branch president to take us to go pick him up and he finally said yes and we got to go out and pick him up. He has a baptismal date for the 11th of October. 

So yes studying under candlelight was fun (picture included). The power went out for a day because of a massive lightning storm (of course) and it made the streets dark and scary. It was like a South American "The Walking Dead" episode, only instead of zombies it was drunk Catholics. 

I got to play some guitar and play some sweet licks for my comp and some investigators. It was quite refreshing to play.

Anti-Mormon stuff makes me mad and I'm not going to go into much detail about the anti pamphlet I got- It sufficeth me to say that I tore it up and threw it in a river.

Also I'm being as safe as possible, and at our Zone conference this week they told us not to send anything scary to our parents. I deeefinitely didn't have any investigators named Ricardo (Mad Eye Moody) point a .38 snub-nosed revolver at me this week. It was unloaded and he was just showing it to us. He's very proud. We're probably going to baptize him this weekend. He has a fecha for the 5th. Oh yeah we also dropped Elida the snake as an investigator because she invited us to sleep over and says her parents won't let her get baptized. So yep.

My good attitude also surprises me all the time. I can't believe all the crazy awful stuff I'm totally okay with.

My Spanish is always improving and I definitely am aware that I end like all of  my emails with that fact. 

We're also still looking for a house. Wish us luck on that. President says it has to be chuchi. 

Also to my family: I'll try to drink less water, geez I get it I get it- I'm gonna get a tapeworm and die- just kidding but I will try to drink "safe water"

Elder Wilson

Conner didn't explain why a knife is in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment