Monday, September 15, 2014

Amber Waves of Pain

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

This week was the week of September 11, as I'm sure you are all aware, and apparently some of the people of Paraguay knew it as well, and solemnly and reverently remembered the day in the best way they knew how: By getting naked and shooting off fireworks. 

Elder Arrington (who I forgot to mention is our district leader) and I were walking the 30 minute walk home from the chapel after a district meeting on the night of 9/11, and saw a large traffic jam occurring in the streets. Suddenly before our eyes drives up a large truck with a trailer filled to the brim with naked people. These Paraguayans were shooting off fireworks into the air from the back of a slow moving vehicle, and dancing their hearts out to some polka Paraguaya. What a time to be an American in Paraguay. Who knew a people this lazy could party this hard?

In other important news, I burned the brownies I made with the Betty Crocker stuff from the package. E' Arrington and I were sitting and studying when we smelled something burning. I need to work on my cooking skills for sure. 

I gave a talk in church this Sunday,( the first outside of the MTC), and I think it went really well. My Spanish is 100x better than I thought it would be at this point, and I definitely owe a lot to the gift of tongues. The people of Paraguay always think I'm 15, and affectionately refer to me as "Elder Jovencito" or, "Elder Little Child". We have been talking to a 90 year old man named Pedro who wants to get baptized, and I really really want him to- super bad. 

I don't have any pictures this week, but I absolutely will next week. Oh also I don't know if this will work but I live down the street from the university UTIC. I don't know if that will help to find where I live but I hope so. Also it rains here a lot and has insane lightning storms. People don't like to come to church in the rain. 

As always I love your mail, and I hope I can answer all of the questions you have! Paraguay is super cool!

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment