Monday, June 13, 2016

Please, Lettuce end well - June 13th, 2016

In my two years serving as a missionary here in Paraguay, this has been the coldest week to date. We got down to almost freezing temperatures. It`s funny to see how the people react here, and it was so cold that they cancelled the classes after sacrament meeting. We had an attendance of about 20 people here in our humble little branch. It was also the anniversary of Caaguazu, so there was a parade and everybody went. f-f-f-freeezing outside, really.

As far as work goes, however, this was a great week. We have a new ``talk with everyone`` initiative in the mission, which is not a struggle as far as yours truly is concerned, which was super cool to start putting into practice. Essentially it`s what I did at the start of my mission and in the mtc where we tally up the number of people that we talk to, not counting members or current investigators. My companion and I contacted up a storm, which was super cool. We brought out members and got them involved, and it turned out to be a great experience for us and them. One member in particular, Rodrigo Gallardo, who is an ex-missionary who served in Peru, has been helping us out a lot as well. We had the chance to go plant lettuce with him for a service activity as well. Another check on the list of weird things I`ve done here in Paraguay. Planting lettuce is actually fairly lucrative here in Caaguazu, because the market isn`t too oversaturated. Not like being a pro soccer player or a lawyer.  He said that people used to make fun of him at church for planting lettuce but when he rakes in the dough he doesn`t really care that much about what they say. Pretty funny, and actually pretty calming to carefully place tiny little roots in the ground and stuff. Any chance to serve is good enough for me.

Really I`m having a great time feeling the spirit of the work and trying my best to end well. It`s great because I don`t feel stressed about ending well, because I can say with assurity that I`m so much further along in my progress than I was when I started. That`s enough for me. Content doesn`t even begin to express the way I feel about these two years. There were ups and downs, but... I don`t really recall putting much of that in these emails, haha.  I`ve been blessed, and I`ve seen blessings here and in your lives through the emails, and I still feel like I`m a new missionary.

Well, except for when I look at my socks. Geez I don`t even know why I put them on anymore. They`re destroyed, haha!


Love

Elder Wilson

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete