Monday, June 13, 2016

20/20 - May 23rd, 2016

Baptism of: 
Yanina Sanchez
May 20th, 2016

 Baptism in the rain.



A picture of Yanina and the member that baptized her, Diego.

Not sure if this is a better picture of us at the baptism.


I put those baptismal headings there so they'll be easy to find afterwards. Also because we had a baptism on my birthday this year! Yanina is a 12 year old girl that we've been working with for a while now. She's gone to church for a good bit now (like right after I got to this area), and has a really strong testimony. The Elder that interviewed her said that he's never seen someone her age so excited to be baptized. She's had some strong spiritual experiences as an investigator and is prepping to go to the temple with the branch in July. She has a lot of friends here in the branch as well, and attends seminary every week. We're all proud of her and excited to see how she progresses as the newest member of the branch!

Someone would have taken the photo, but we had to use the timer because everybody just wanted to eat


I had a fun birthday bash here in the apartment with the other Elders, as well. We ate some food, and picked up a delicous cake. I'll see if I can send some pictures. It was nice, and a fun experience. Went and found some really cool new investigators, and taught a few families. A pretty standard day apart from the baptism. 
On my birthday we also got a surprise birthday visit from the mission president after the baptismal service. We were cleaning up afterwards an I just hear some familiar voices and... it's President and his AP's! They didn't come for my birthday, lastimosamente, but they did come to do some interviews on Saturday. They revised our area book and talked about the branch. My interview with President was great, and we talked a little bit about the atonement and how my mission is coming to a close. I was able to express just how happy I really am and how things are going, and it was a very nice, chill conversation. He's a great President who had some useful tips and we shared a good spiritual moment there. One thing that I always notice is how he pauses for just a short moment after prayer. Always, always, always. Something to think about. It's always good to make sure that our prayers are meaningful and serve a purpose!

Earlier in the week we had Zone Training, and the Zone Leaders picked me and the other District Leader, Elder Leavitt from Colorado, to present about an hour of the meeting. We talked about the importance of the Area book, which is great because after revising our own area book, it's looking pretty good. We had some good tips that surely helped out when President came for the interviews in the apartments. 
 
So, in other words, a great week!

Love,

Elder Wilson

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete