Monday, October 20, 2014

Mi Casa

This week was filled with all kinds of "fun" adventures in the wake of my first baptism. (as far as updates on that, Pedro will receive the Aaronic Priesthood next Sunday)

Our Mission President Pedro Agazzani describes our house as this:

"By far the worst house in the Mission."

So after we returned from Asunción by standing on a bus for three hours that was playing the Sylvester Stallone artistic masterpiece "Cobra", we returned to our lovely house. I went on splits with the new guy, Elder Tripp from Colorado, and generally had a pretty successful and fun time teaching and things. Elder Tripp had heard stories about the house in Coronel Oviedo, and surprisingly about my MTC legacy. Which is, some other guys and I convinced one of my companions, Elder Rogers, that he peed the bed. He believed it, and he freaked out on the last day when I told him
he didn't do it. But anyway, when we got back to the house it didn't have any water or power.

We went to visit the power company the next morning only to find out that they don't know what's going on with it either. So for the rest of the week the air, lights, and (most importantly) the fridge, all shut off. All of our food was ruined. I'm sure if you guys have checked the weather here you know that it's pretty hot here. I'm sort of used to the heat from living in Arizona and Georgia, but still, I never had to walk for miles or sleep without AC in either of those places.

So we've been searching for a new house, aaand NO HAY NADA

Estamos perdiendo mucho tiempo buscando.

But we have to keep trying. We currently have lights and water and stuff but we've spent a lot of time looking for a house. President commanded, we followed. We went and visited a three story mansion this morning as well. There's no way we can get it, but still, we have to search everywhere. 

Other than searching for a house we've mostly just been finding new investigators and trying to get more baptisms! Our mission is one of the highest baptizing missions in the world.

I don't have a ton to write about this week because we basically just looked for a way out of the serious rat's nest we live in. Hopefully next week we find a new home.

Love,

Elder Wilson
Likes big homes and he cannot lie

We were bored at like 10:00 last night so we burned this clock in our house. (it was broken anyway). Terrible idea. We had to fumigate our house with fans for like an hour.

Also this picture is of my trainer, me, and my trainer's trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment