Monday, January 12, 2015

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Jungle‏

People of Earth,

So my new area is even more beautiful and more of a jungle than I had thought last week. I'm going to try and include pictures if I can, because really this place is awesome. I'm glad I picked the most obvious title for my email as well. 
I'm having an awesome time in this area. Paraguarì 1.1 is about ten times larger than Coronel Oviedo 1.3, and requires a lot of walking. We have to get up at 3 am every Sunday to walk/hitchhike out to a group the missionaries recently opened in Wazu Kua. Church starts at 8:00 am. 

Speaking of Hitchhiking- We do it a lot. The nice thing is that 99.9% of the time, the people that pick us up are super nice and accepting and generally great people. The only problem is the 00.1% of the time. I don't want to freak anyone out, but next time you agree to get into someone's car, try to make sure they DON'T have a budweiser in their hands. You learn a lot on your mission. After a while of Señor Borracho telling us that hell doesn't exist while drunk driving, I forced him to stop the car and let us out. It was an interesting experience. 

Really it's a fun place. It's actually really safe (despite what I said in the last paragraph) and everyone is incredibly chill. My new comp and I are getting along really well along with the guys who live with us, and there are some great upsides to this area (like living above the place where we email). Paraguarì wooohooo!!!

Love,

Elder Wilson





No comments:

Post a Comment